Sunday, February 03, 2008

Of this and that...

My week has been interesting on many levels. I had my PT question the fact I was in quite a bit of pain last week after my treatment with him...so much so, that he's making me a wee bit worried about the fact my Psoas is maintaining a constant state of spasm which may actually be a bigger issue than I'm willing to let it be in my little brain. When he starts throwing around that I may need x-rays, all i can think is that there is may be something structurally wrong that may be the root cause of all of this. Yes I fell in November, but the fall may have uncovered something that has been a problem for a longer time that has contributed to IT band issues and a host of other things. Not too cool if I have a structural issue.

I did just print out my HIM training schedule. May and June may be some interesting months for me. Schedules freak me out as you see where you are going. The beginning bits don't freak me too much, its just the 3 months down the line and i start seeing crazy mileage. I understand the process enough to know that I will get there as long as I put in the time incrementally as I go. It still freaks me out all the same. It is kinda exciting though assuming this Psoas situation changes soon.

On a work note this week, I even escaped to Vegas for a trade show. Interesting on many levels....I did get to see a Cirque Du Soile show, KA...so that was super cool. This was my first trade show with my company so that was pretty interesting too. I feel a little funny hanging out at other booths when they inquire who I work for..."err...uh..."But that is the point of a trade show...to trade information.

Hoping this week and all the insanity that comes in a given week is equally good. Happy training.

2 comments:

The Lazy Triathlete said...

We don't want you to have a structual issue. That would require welding and stuff!! :)

Don't worry about the mileage. You will get there.

So what kind of information did you trade?

Runner Leana said...

Oh, how did you like Ka? I'm off to Vegas this weekend and have tickets to see the show Saturday night. I'm a huge fan of Cirque, but I hear this one is a little different (hopefully different in a better way than Zumanity is different...).

I hope your luck start to turn around too. Talk about a crazy string of back to back events you are having there!