Thursday, February 21, 2008

sweet...

Yesterday consisted of a short run on the treadmill in the AM and the spin class from the depths of despair. Not because it was particularly hard...but i had NOOOOOOOOOOO energy. I sat there and counted the minutes. I think I didn't properly refuel between crossfit on Tuesday night...running Wed am...and spin wed evening.

I didn't embark upon the joys of an early morning workout this AM as I needed to get in early so I could see me PT....and then get some KILLA news. I knew that my psoas had been doing better, but I haven't run much this week due to a pathetic cold i've been sporting, but even after digging into my side he couldn't really find a spasm...which was so cool! I'm going to run a lot this next week and we will evaluate next week how I held up...but if all is the same and I only end up with some general sore spots...i will be DONE with PT....SWEET!! Fingers crossed.

Funny thing about Tuesday's crossfit workout with the billions of push-presses...I awoke on Wednesday to find a nice half dollar sized bruise on my collar bone. Guess I smacked it a few times during the workout.

Tonight's crossfit workout was 5 round for time of:
15 deadlifts (95 lbs for women, 135 for guys)
Run 400m
30 Situps

Time: 22:15

No modifications...thankyouverymuch! I did the 95 lbs...although my back right now is questioning my rational on that one. That's the weird part. I got through the DL's with 95lbs...and didn't struggle too much. I couldn't go super fast, but I did fine weight-wise. But a few hours later the back is wigging out. Not pleased. Stretch, heat, repeat.

I do have to say doing DL's and then running...that's a fun one. (notsomuch)

And off to Napa valley this weekend...very excited. And while the back may be having some issues, a nice spa and a massage are on tap so i'm excited!


5 comments:

Runner Leana said...

Have a great time in Napa this weekend!

Paul said...

Good news on the psoas. Enjoy Napa!

Benson said...

I like the good news and even better news of "span and a massage". Enjoy

Bullet said...

Oh the vino is very good-o so drink up Yo!

Bob Almighty said...

glad the psoas is better, you sound like you're getting jack in the weight room.
I took you're advice on the Kiwi coffee the flat white is awesome, vegemite would be better mixed with peanut butter, and the candy shop is getting pillaged on Sunday. Enjoy Napa.