Monday, February 18, 2008

Headwind...tailwind...

I did manage to get out in the nice weather today...athough it was a battle of headwinds and tailwinds. As I was doing some loops, I got them pretty equalled out and in the end, each loop was roughly an avg speed of 16mph...which isn't too bad considering at points I would look at my speed and see 12.5mph...and equally 21mph, depending on where I was.

This past week of training hasn't been the greatest...i blame a cold that wasn't. One of those colds that slows you down just enough to make you want to hide in bed in the morning, exhaust you enough that doing much of anything isn't fun, but really not that terrible aside from feeling crappy upon waking up in the mornings.

Lately my thoughts have been around "things that I do that makes me feel stupid all in the name of 'training'". One thing that has been making me feel self conscience is the fact that I drag a scale around with me for constant sweat weight calculations. I'm trying to determine my potential 'range' of sweaty-ness depending on sport/weather/speed for my HIM. This should allow me to adjust salt intake and appropriate fluid intake when race day comes. And the more data there is...the more accurate the tuning of the salt and fluid. hmmmm....data.... :-)

I never dreamed when I started this whole triathlon thing, that I would one day be dragging a scale around with me. I feel the similarly with hill repeats. Anyone else acquired new habits that they just wonder what am I doing?? Maybe its just me....

2 comments:

Benson said...

Wow, getting all technical with that sweat rate. the devil is in the details.
good luck.

Paul said...

That is waaay to technical :). I just use trial and error. Well actually I just use rule of thumb for salt intake. Take more when it's hot. :)