Wednesday, February 27, 2008

That reminds me...

Claire reminded me in my last post that I forgot to mention one of the most important parts about my trip this weekend to Napa...I did scope out part of the bike course for Vineman 70.3. My impression of what I saw and the area...hilly but not too bad. It actually reminded me of Western MA's hillyness...not the major climbs out there, but the general rolling hills at times. There is a couple of climbs on the course, but I wasn't able to see them...but from the rest of the terrain it didn't seem like a course that was infamous for its hills. Doesn't look like there will be a ton of shade either, but it will be beautiful scenery.

I got a good 5.5 hilly run in at lunch today. Where I work is VERY hilly...so I will hopefully become a pro with hills. At the moment, I am very un-pro like with the hills, but I found a sweet place for some nasty hill repeats. And the location isn't on a main road so I won't feel like a major idiot when I do them. The other crazy thing about the run...I got sun burned. I am very fair skinned...red hair/blue eyes and very light skin, so I'm not necessarily that surprised but I just am not in 'sunburn'/sunscreen mindset. Someone told me just yesterday I looked like I just got out of grad school due to my pasty white complexion. Gee...thanks...I did just get out of grad school...but let's just be honest...i'm like this all year long buddy.

I got a crossfit workout in this evening too. We are currently in a 'powerlifting' phase of stuff. I'm not really excited about that...as that = lots o weight and potential for major soreness. It was just 5-5-5 of back sqats and 5 deadlifts. Backsquats = 85lbs, and Deadlifts = 135lbs. Good place to start.

3 comments:

Paul said...

I totally got some vitamin D today. gotta love it

Sunshine said...

A good place to start... yea for you!!

Speed Racer said...

Oh good! I like flat-ish. So are we going to get burned to a crisp on the course? Is that what you're telling me? I thought I'd finally found my inner Italian, but one NE winter and I'm back to my outer Irish. So all those pale people walking around are GRAD STUDENTS! Here I thought it was the weather... I had no idea there were so many grad students wandering around!