Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Updates

Swimming
Hmmmm...not doing much of that these days, maybe I should do a little more...soon.

Biking
I honestly think I'm getting slower. I don't really get it. I went for a 16 mile bike ride today in an area I ride and compared to a few weeks ago, slower. Blame the tires? Fit? Not sure. But i'm almost convinced I've gotten slower over the past few months I honestly don't understand it.

Running
Not as much as I'd like in this category either, but such it is with injuries and the like. I tend to keep the mileage lower, but last week I didn't run at all. Need to change that this week.

Crossfit
Trying my hardest not to let it kill me, but it typically does. Gone two weeks now without nasty DOMS so that is good. But haven't been there a whole lot either.

Injury updates
I've actually just tried to 'deal' and ignore whatever. Maybe not a good plan, I know, but that's how I roll sometimes. Strained oblique is better...sorta rested, iced, stretched and heated the area (probably why I haven't been doing much of any kind of training lately)but I think when it freaked out it caused a chain reaction last week and now my lower back hurts when I slightly backbend.(just reaching up and stretching backwards a little)...and no amount of heat or stretching is helping, which sorta wiggs me out because if it isn't muscular than that is NO good. But it doesn't hurt that bad either, nagging pain basically. Doesn't hurt when I train, only hurts at random times, like when I'm trying to do a kipping pull-up due to the swinging. No idea what caused it either. Psoas, it's ok...dealing, nagging at times. I may try to get some ART this week before Wildflower. I'm trying not to KILL myself in my training, and just get out there and do some stuff, but I'm also not pushing really, really hard as I just need things to heal and move past this frustration.

Wildflower
Well...since it seems I am getting slower these days, I have no idea what to expect for a 25 mile course that has 2500 feet of elevation gain and loss. Just over a week. Mentally just gearing up for a hard, hard bike ride.

Life update
I FREAKING HATE FED-EX. They suck. Tried to have a package delivered over to Europe...got there and now they are claiming they can't deliver it, but the recipient claims they haven't tried to contact him. The fiasco has been going on for a WEEK. Total FREAKING MESS. Makes me super cranky at the moment.



2 comments:

Sarah said...

Just go have FUN at WF. Enjoy the atmosphere, the energy and the fact that you won't have to run after you're done. :)

Bummed still that things aren't perfect, but just hoping they will get better.

FedEx sucks. I use DHL.

:)

Speed Racer said...

I second Sarah: use DHL for Europe... although it's a bit late now, isn't it? Better yet, deliver it yourself and call the trip a business expense!

It looks like your off-season is going well, even if it is a few months late (or early). Am I correct in interpreting that this mystery pain only bothers you when you're doing crazy crossfit stuff and not when you're swimming, biking, running, walking, playing ping pong, eating ice cream, and other things that sane people do? I'm a big proponent of doing what you love, but I am scratching my head a little bit as to why you keep going back to something that puts you in so much pain, even when it DOESN'T injure you. Or were you always this injury proned?