Monday, April 28, 2008

Fatal Shark Attack

It has been all over the news since Friday when it happened. The man, David Martin, was out on a training swim with my tri club here in town when it happened. It really is an incredibly tragic event that is quite sobering . I haven't done a lot with the triclub since I moved here 6 months ago and I didn't know the him. By all accounts everyone who was with him acted like true heroes after the attack in getting him to shore and getting help. While these incidents are very uncommon and it is more likely that harm can come to a person on the drive to the ocean, it still reminds me how vulnerable we are as we train in any of the disciplines.

1 comment:

Speed Racer said...

Oh god... OH GOD!!!!! That's horrible! I would never be able to get in the ocean again if I lived down there! Heart attacks and phobias aside, that really is tragic. My thoughts are with all his friends and family.