Wednesday, January 16, 2008

more mud run

So the mud run entry has been finalized. I am on a team (finally). There was a little fiasco with finding a team that had enough women (we needed at least two per team). Company is sponsoring teams (score! save me 50 bucks). Although I realized the other day that I have to put all my running training this spring to the test as well as crossfit stuff because I found myself on the General Manager's team. Yea...don't really want to make a fool out of myself there.

Then today I'm talking to the GM, inquiring about the team name. He offers that I could come up with a name...my knee jerk reaction (albiet in jest)..."i'm not in marketing!...hahaha"...(in my head as I walk away: nice one...i don't think you are supposed to say that to the G.M. ) So while sitting in a meeting this afternoon where it was much more fun to think of team names than pay any sort of attention...came up with a list of names. So...yes...i even got to name the team! Bonus points to me.

So...I am quickly seeing my spring training starting to shape up! I've found a bunch of 10Ks in the area, doing a 1/2 mary come april...training for Vineman starts in Feb...yea...crazy. I can feel the momentum starting to build. I'm pretty excited.


No comments: