Friday, January 11, 2008

I am IN!

YES!!! I am going to do the MudRun and BETTER yet...I get to do the whole thing too...AND...I still am a team player. When i read the website I didn't realize that by 'team' they mean all five people have to cross the finish line together...and all five people have to do the whole thing. It is not a relay. So in the name of being a team player and the fact it looks like my division is trying to put together a bunch of teams for this fiasco...I get to put my crossfit workouts to the test. WOOOHOO! I think I also need to sign up for a bunch of 10Ks this spring too...hilly ones would be preferable.

I've also decided that I could put out my own perfume/cologne line for the triathlete called "Eau de chlorine", cuz no matter what type of anti-chlorine shampoo you use...you still smell like it until well...you go swimming again. So if you are just not feeling the swim vibe just spritz a little on...and no one will be the wiser that you never made it to the pool. You still smell like Chlorox.

The other day I kept thinking "why do I smell like chlorine? " I hadn't been to the pool in a few days (gasp)...and then I realized.... I had just bleached the shirt I was wearing. Nice. I'm glad to know that I probably smell like cleaning solution to other people most of the time.

4 comments:

Speed Racer said...

Thank god! I was beginning to think that maybe I had some hygiene issue and wasn't scrubbing myself enough in the shower. I'm so glad it's not just me.

The mud run sounds like a blast. You should check out Pacific Coast Trail Runs, I think they're mostly NorCal, but they may have a few runs down in your neck of the woods. It's only like $25 and they always pick beautiful spots with beaucoups de hills and they usually put on a 5-10k option, a 20-ish k option, and a 50k option so you can be flexible.

triguyjt said...

mudrun sounds like lots of fun....then you get this bodywash that smells like chlorine and..then everyone will think you just came out of an olympic pool with mud issues...

props on your rock star parking situation in previous post

Benson said...

Great news about the Mudrun. It sounds like it'll be a gas and a giggle.

I'm I a dork if the scent of chlorine kinda turns me on?
Nevermind.

Bob Almighty said...

One other word about swimming, you save money on highlights, well at least us guys do , no matter what kind of shampoo you use or how many swim caps, you still end up blonde by the end of the winter