Wednesday, January 16, 2008

crazy small world

Random small world note...I was at the gym this morning and getting ready to leave when one of the other woman in the locker room busts out:

You went to [very small liberal arts] University right??
(keep in mind...this is in Washington state...no where near here). She even busts out with my name.

I sorta look at her. Fortunately she helps me with her name, because for the life of me I didn't know who she was. It was one of those situations where some of my friends were her friends in undergrad...and she remembered me through the few times we interaction. CRAZY SMALL WORLD.

The funny thing is this is the second time this has happened to me in San Diego. Before christmas I was at the store and realized I saw a woman who I grew up with. She had even lived down the street from me. My parents had told me she was in the area for school, but I didn't think much of it to be honest. And here she was...blocks away from where I lived...AND she lives right near me!

This is my life. I'd like to say that this is quite a strange occurrence in my life...but strangely it's not. I actually have a lot of crazy small world stories. People sometimes don't believe me when I tell them how 'wacky' it is I run into so and so here and there...and I was a billion miles away from where I knew them from...and then it'll happen again. It still weirds me out when it happens. But it is pretty cool.

3 comments:

Bob Almighty said...

hey at my opening Olympic Tri last year, I bumped into one of the Girls I lifeguraded with at ( New York City's Jesuit University)hadn't seen her in two years and never knew she took up tri..so I feel you there.

Paul said...

Seems like a lot of people end up in San Diego. Happens to me a lot too. Pretty funny huh?

The Lazy Triathlete said...

I currently life in DC and I have been suprised by the people I have run into here from college.

But it is a great feeling.