Thursday, November 02, 2006

IDEA

Or as they say out here on the east coast: I-D-er

Which ever way you chose to say it…I HAVE AN IDEA!! Idea, idea, idea, idea…I’m doing the “I have an idea dance” and no one can stop that dance. :-P

One of those Ph.D. ‘milestones’ is to come up with an original research idea and propose it…write it up in a specific format…and defend it to your thesis committee. I’ve thought about/prayed about/hemmed and hawed about/dreamed about/screamed about/been depressed about coming up with an original idea that was scientifically relevant for the past…err…2.5 years. And well…I HAVE AN I-D-EA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whooohooo.

It’s still in its beginning formation…but I think no one has done it yet. AND I’m pretty sure it’s fundamental research-ish enough to fly. SWEET.

Get’er done.

Idea…idea…idea…idea…I HAVE and idea…idea…idea…idea.

OK you get the point, but you don’t really understand how excited I am to finally have something to start with.

Funny thing is…it just ‘happened’ yesterday in the lab when I was doing an experiment…out of no where, the thought just came to me. SOOOOOO…stinkin… cool.

Doing the ‘idea dance’…idea…idea…idea.

1 comment:

Bullet said...

Ah an epiphany! Isn't it cool to be excited about something? Makes it all worth while sometimes. Glad you have those moments where it all comes together. I hope it pays off. Good luck with your recovery.