Saturday, November 25, 2006

all good things

I did an 8 mile run this morning and during and after my run my initial reaction was disappointment. My min/mile were 9:45-10:00 min/miles. And as my inner self wanted to dwell on it as it wasn't as quick as I'd like, I came to my senses and realized...THAT'S GREAT. I went out and ran 8 miles...that is great!! No my time wasn't fabulous compared to what I was peaking at this season. No it wasn't what I wanted to see...but I get to run. I got to run. I will run AGAIN next week.

I run. I am a runner. I am a triathlete.

I do stuff.

I am active.

It is great.

Even days that I wish I were going faster or know I have the ability to be faster...it is still great. Because I'm doing something good for my health and myself. And that is good.

I got all 'techy' today too and put on a powermeter-y thing that goes with my indoor trainer. It's not a fancy-smancy Powertap thinger that costs a billion dollars, but one that is supposedly calibrated to my trainer (so only will correctly calculate power while on the trainer...i'm suspicious of how it calculates power...but I will just blindly pretend that the numbers mean something) and will give me relative power output. OK I admit it...I like numbers, I like data...yes...I am a scientist and data can be fun (and evil...all at the same time).

And on other good things...I managed to lose a pound this week by employing the 'tricks' from the book "Mindless Eating" that I mentioned earlier. Sweet...and it is Thanksgiving week...i don't know how that happened...mindlessly. :-) I also realized my weight is down from when I raced Hartford. Hmmm...how did I over look that one. So that's great.

It's good.

1 comment:

Bullet said...

Eight miles is nothing to ever be upset with. Good job. I haven't run 8 miles in forever. Don't even want to think about how long it would take me. Good job, and keep fighting.