Wednesday, November 15, 2006

back to running

I got a 4 mile run in this morning despite some areas still hurting some from my fall 3.5 weeks ago. Yeesh. But, the run had to happen more for my emotional sanity than anything else. And it didn’t hurt that bad, just some discomfort.

Life is well…life. There are times when everyone goes through things, we struggle with the realities and truths that are part of our life and it’s just one of those times for me. A small part, yet important part of how I handle my life situations involves exercise.

This morning, the only thing I NEEDED was a RUN. Nothing else was really going to substitute. Tthis morning, pounding the pavement was really the only thing that would start to make a dent in my emotional state. (If I had had my act together a little bit more, and I wasn’t still trying to let my body heal…. what would have really helped would have been a track workout…hmmm…)

Anywho…I got it done.

4miles

Mile 1: 10:08 Avg HR 154

Mile 2: 9:19 Avg HR 163

Mile 3: 9:18 Avg HR 166

Mile 4: 10:50 Avg HR 152

The good news with all this ‘offseason’/falling down the stairs/going back home/not working out as much as I should/could/whathaveyou is my weight is not up. Granted it’s not down (which is a goal of mine)…but considering how things have been over the past month…that’s OK. It is how it is.

2 comments:

Joe B said...

Wow, sounds like a Triathlete with a running problem...

rocketpants said...

Takes one to know one...:-)