Tuesday, March 04, 2008

You look tired

I kinda hate it when people come up to me and say: You look really tired.

Gee...THANKS!!

I am trying to get to bed earlier since I am now consistently finding that I need to be up at 5 am to get my morning workout in...yuck. I wish I was one of those people who only needed 6 hours of sleep to be alive and alert, but that is not me. I'm more like 8 hours. That just messes everything up.

But lately i have felt exhausted. While my training is increasing my exhaustion is not proportional to workout effort, so I am thinking it might be something else. It was pointed out the other day that maybe i'm allergic all sorts of new plants here in southern california. My allergies tend to manifest differently in different places I have lived so I hadn't thought about the fact that lethargic and scratchy throat would equal allergies. I looked at the allergy forcast today and realized that my main problem may be freaking pollen. This is seriously hampering my training.

I am going to try to get a ridiculous amount of sleep tonight and see if that improves anything. If i'm still exhausted, well I will know that it might be allergy related. This is so not cool.

3 comments:

triguyjt said...

hope you get some answers as to whats got you down...

your are right..sometimes, you can't just pin it on too much training or something...

good luck

mindy said...

1/2 IM training cooked me as well. I was not only physically tired, but mentally tired. Make sure you're hydrating and eating enough to recover - you're doing a lot of good hard work!

Speed Racer said...

I hate it when people say that! I usually respond, "It's the meth." and go back to what I was doing. Maybe your sleepiness is cumulative? Missing an hour here, waking up an hour there, taking an hour to fall asleep... And if your ridiculous amounts of sleep don't fix it, doesn't work, try the meth.z