Saturday, March 29, 2008

Banana?

BANANA?!!

ORANGE?

GEL?

PRETZEL?

COOKIE?

POWERBAR?
(who eats those things? yuck...not very many triatheletes i tell you)

This was a little of what my day sounded like...mainly it was BANANA??!! I now have perfected the art of the banana handoff. It took a few drops to get the hang of it...there is a technique to it...although one guy actually grabbed my banana AND my plastic glove. Ooops. Few minor war wounds of the day as I sliced my finger (mildly) while cutting oranges. Nice going.

I volunteered at Ironman 70.3 California today. It was awesome! The tri club had the first aid station for the run, so we got to see runners four times as they did the out and back 2x. I did see Sarah on her first loop (very fast I might add) she did look at me when I yelled out her name, but then again...everyone has their name on their tags and people are out of it anyway by that point. So anyway...it was a Sarah in a Team Aquaphore outfit (I don't know if there are many of those). Maybe the right one?? I believe I even saw Neoprene Wedgie whose worries about the race due to some knee issues didn't appear to phase him at all! Nice job everyone!

The theme of the aid station was a 60s hippie theme...The Love Stop. I sported some straightened hair, a very kewl bandanna, and a very 60s embroidered top. I cheered, rang a cow bell, yelled, handed out lots of bananas and other random stuff....I have no voice at all...truly none, I'm sporting the oh so sexy 'deep raspy voice'... but it was totally worth it.

Way to go athletes!!


3 comments:

IronWaddler said...

So cool to volunteer.

I did Ironman Louisville last summer and the high was there for days.

The Lazy Triathlete said...

Way to give some back Hippie Chick!!! You will have some good Karma coming your way.

Sarah said...

Thank you SO MUCH for all your help. You guys totally rocked. I loved your station.

I looked for you too, and wasn't sure if it was you when I looked at you. The problem with yelling my name is that I realized EVERYBODY was yelling my name because it was on my bib. So I just didn't know and obviously I wasn't going to take a moment to stop and chat. ;)

In any case, glad you were able to be there (feeling better it sounds - that's GREAT!!) and really so much appreciate all of the help you all provided.