Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Random Facts

Mindy tagged me for 7 random facts

1) My life is filled with random and bizarre 6 degrees of separation situations. Friends of mine think I am only separated by 3 or 4 degrees from another person. And the truth of the matter is that I don't actually know that many people and i'm not an extrovert...so go figure.

2) I tend to wave my hands a lot when I talk. When I was about 7 years old, my two older sisters made me sit on my hands and wouldn't let me talk unless I didn't use my hands. I sat there speechless...and then it made me cry.

3) I laugh a lot. I have what people have described as a hearty 'belly laugh' and it can be heard down the hall. It is quite loud actually and if someone gets me hysterically laughing, good luck getting me to stop. I've even been heard laughing through elevator doors.

4) I've played the violin for 25 years and I even used to blue grass fiddle when I was a kid. I can still play 'Orange Blossom Special' and No...I don't know how to play 'The Devil Went Down to Georgia'...but I think I could learn it if I wanted.

5) When I was 4 or 5 I was asked to sit and wave from a firetruck as part of a local parade, but I was irrationally afraid of doing it and refused. I was wearing a pink 'Leo the Lop' t-shirt and I still regret not sitting in the firetruck in the parade. I mean, when else in life do you get that kind of opportunity? Only when you are a little kid. Bummer.

6) I know how to water ski slalom, but I hate bumper tubing behind a ski boat. I get bored and I don't actually think its that fun.

7) I can be rather absentminded at times, but equally have a stupidly good memory for unimportant things. If I can remember a conversation I had with someone, chances are I can remember what they were wearing, what exactly they said and where we had the conversation. But in order for me to remember to do much of anything I need a list, that I made about 10x. And I tend to put too many things on that list.

Tag...you're it!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I can totally relate to the list thing. I always put way to much on mine and half the time I lose the list. :-)

Speed Racer said...

1. So where are OUR 3 degrees? I'm sure they're out there.

2. This one's my favorite. I like that without your hands you can't talk. It's like you're mute and have to use sign language or something.

3. Are you an EASY laugher?

4. I would LOVE to see a 9-year-old playing bluegrass fiddle. Do you have any videos?

5. I'm sure the firetruck was overrated.

6. What's bumper tubing? It sounds dangerous.

7. Who DOESN'T have this problem?!

triguyjt said...

you laugh alot???

you will live a long time

cool

Sarah said...

Hey Rocketpants,

I check out your blog from time to time from Paul's blog (Recovering Runner)...though I admit it's been awhile.

I just saw you're doing Vineman! Hooray! Let me know if you come up to Sonoma County again - we can ride the full course.

Good luck in your training. :)
Sarah

mindy said...

awesome list! I agree with Speedy - would love to see a video of a little kid fiddling bluegrass, too cute. I have a tendency to find my 6 degrees of separation, too - so it's just a matter of time before we find it!

Sunshine said...

What fun it would be to meet you.. laughing.. talking with your hands.. you seem delightful.