Monday, November 05, 2007

Its N-O-V-E-M-B-E-R!

I know I will be in awe with the weird S. California weather for awhile to come...but it is so weird to me to be NOVEMBER...five measly days away from my birthday...and what did I do this morning? I went to the pool at 6:00am (yea, me...i'm just excited I made it there). And I swam...yea no big deal...but in an OUTSIDE pool! I was super excited by that fact...and totally weirded out by it too. But aside from not a ton of daylight this evening, I'll take exercising outside IN-A-POOL during a month I'm usually waiting for the first snow to happen. I'm sure I will have a lot of posts about the craziness of the weather (as in there is only one season)...but i'm sure I'll adjust in time.

And in light of the upcoming birthday...aging up and into a new decade to-boot (The big 3-0)...I have been promising myself the past 6-10 months that once I was done with grad school...i would get my sorry eating habits to a nutritionist. And that I did today. It was just a brief initial consult but was informative of how she works with people and her perspective. I've been to a nutritionist in the past, so i'm more or less familiar with the set up...yet I am out of practice with the actual follow through. So...i'm gearing up for new thinking with food and new habits. I know what needs to be done. Bit by bit

1 comment:

Nitsirk said...

Yay for being in your 30s! It rocks. November birthdays rock too. I will be celebrating the big 3-2 later this month. Too cool that you swam outside. I scraped my car windows today and my back door was frozen shut. Don't ya miss it ;) Don't forget to wear sunscreen!