Thursday, November 08, 2007

Running in the dark

It *seemed* like a good idea. You know...trail running...in the dark... with a head lamp and all...with other people of course. Granted it was just me and two other people who showed up for this group trail run...new day, new workout...never met these people in my life...and they were definitely faster. It was fine, i hung with them as well as I could and they were nice and didn't drop me.

We had deviated from the planned run that I think had more actual lighting and pavement and chose to do a trial that was supposed to not be so bad...pretty flat compared to the other plan that had a monster hills involved. I was game for whatever. I was barely hanging with the other two and actually was slightly concerned about the fact that one of them would sorta trip from time to time. In reality...that is usually me so I was feeling pretty decent by the fact that I hadn't tripped. Can you see where this is going?

So we do an out and back...we are *almost* back and the trail turns into more asphalt sorts of stuff. Yea, no big deal I'm thinking...this will be more level and all...so it should be less of a tripping hazard. And who MAJORLY BITES it...

ME!!

I can't find my camera at the moment or I would take pictures of my hands. They are shockers. One slightly bloody knee and the knee that REALLY hurts it more looks like a goose egg on top of it...i think it will be black and blue tomorrow.

It's one thing to totally bite it when you are with people you actually know...but I don't know these people. That's ONE way to make an impression...oh yea...*that* girl who totally did a huge face plant at the end of the run. At least we were really close to the end. It would have sucked if we were at the turn around point, because I couldn't really do much more than limp back.

Knee is feeling a bit better. We will see how it goes...i was hoping to do a duathlon on Saturday...but I'm starting to question the whole "is running a good idea thing"as in "will I be *able* to run by saturday?"

Here is my whinging for the day: "But it's my birthday...and what a great way to ring in a birthday than to do a race?"

Maybe its not as bad as I'm thinking it is...I'll just keep telling myself that.

4 comments:

Nitsirk said...

Yikes, that sounds painful. You know, lots of people celebrate their birthday by going to a bar or a nice restaurant;) No sense risking more permanent damage. Heal fast and have an extra margarita (lots of vitamin C!). Happy B-day!

Joe B said...

Happy Birthday.

Sounds like my crash at RTB this year. You will be fine.

Benson said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I hope your knee is OK.

No Wetsuit Girl said...

Happy Birthday! You know what I would do, so I don't know how much my advice counts, but if you feel okay by Wednesday I'd go through with it anyway.

I hope your new friends forgive you taking a spill, that is, if you ever show your face around them again. Did you cry? Did they laugh? I hope not.