Thursday, January 18, 2007

pieces

I am trying to pick up the pieces of my existence that have exploded catastrophically over the past 2 months. At the moment, I’m not so sure I can actually pick them up, I think I need to focus on getting up myself and then work on picking them up. This “explosion” has dramatically affected my well being in the realm of training, Hence over the past few weeks my actual workouts have been declining to a low/barely existent amount. SO…I have decided to go back to the basics and start there until I can get my head around life. For this week any thoughts of a schedule and amounts of whatever are tossed out the window. Everything else in my life is too much, I have decided that I can’t let my workouts be overwhelming too.

Here is the new plan that friend suggested: Just. Twenty. Minutes. That’s it…twenty minutes of: running, spinning, swimming, or walking. I’ve been debating whether or not yoga counts (I’m leaning towards a no…but maybe *this* week it’ll be a yes and then if I am still on a twenty minute focus as of next Thursday, yoga will still need to be done, but it won’t ‘count’ towards my twenty minutes).


Here’s the plan for the next 7 days (including today) 20 minutes of something. That’s all. No pressure. If I want to do more…I’m more than welcomed to. Less is not optional. I can mix things like running and walking if I feel like it.

Today was successful: 30:33 minutes of running. I found myself at the track in the middle of my run and although I know I don’t have the base to be doing any silly track repeats I had an itching to do at least one 400 for fun.

My 1x400 1:33

Who knows if I’d ever be able to string two of those together, but I enjoy dreaming that one day I might be able to. Dreams are encouraging.

Tomorrow’s plan: AM 20 min spin. If that doesn’t work…lunch 20 min walk.

1 comment:

Joe B said...

Nice. 6:12 pace. You can do it. Let me know when you want me to pace you and I'll dirve down.