Monday, January 01, 2007

Books...Books...Books

Well Spence tagged me in an interesting Book game...Anyway, you are supposed to

1. Find the nearest book.
2. Name the book & the author.
3. Turn to page 123.
4. Go to the fifth sentence on the page. Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog.
5. Tag three more folks.

The thing I found funny about this game was there really wasn't ONE nearest book to where I am(as I sit in my bed with my laptop on my lap)...it was more like 6 nearest books as I seem to 'nest' with books. It's a habit I started in undergrad I think, I tried out that learning by osmosis thing, since I frequently fell asleep while studying with my O-chem book (who didn't) or some other book. Anyway, as I tried to pick ONE book, i found that the mixture of all six was such a funny snapshot of me which gave me a smile. These were the six books in my 'nest' at the moment.
Marathoning for Mortals by John Bingham and Jenny Hadfield
Life Together by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer
She's such a Geek! : Women write about science technology and other nerdy stuff. Ed. Analee Newitz and Charlie Anders
The Bible NASB version
Contagion by Robin Cook

So I will pick Marathoning for Mortals as my book to pick 3 sentences from...as it deals with injury prevention and that is good for all of us.
"But through the experience, I cam to understand the value of physical therapy. After the race, I spent 2 months healing and 4 months building strength. Thanks to the help of Alex McKinna physical therapist, I walked away from the experience a better athlete and coach."


So...now I will tagg 'Zilla, Joe, and Matt

Have fun!

No comments: