Monday, January 22, 2007

going positively

Amazing...really...really...amazing...things are going positively. I won't say things are going 'well' as we aren't there yet and have a long time to get to 'well' but things have taking a nice up swing.

1) I rode my trainer for 25 mins today even when I really...really...REALLY wanted not to as I got home at 930pm and hadn't had dinner yet. But i persevered. And i'm happier with those extra endorphins in me.

2) Today I expanded some of my experiments from Friday and guess what...i have this amazingly sharp curve that is SOOOOOOOOO reproducible I almost fell over. (no idea what it means yet...that's a ways to go...but i'll take reproducible curves with small error bars please, hence why things are just positive...cautiously so...ok i'm gun shy and I can't say things are going awesome when I fear it will all come crashing down the minute I think that...soooo I'll just say things are going positively.)

Keep crossing those fingers, toes, arms and legs. This girl might *actually* graduate WITH the project she started with. It was discussed last week bagging my project...(that's a horror movie for a 5th year graduate student or beyond...To TOTALLY scrap what you have been doing for 4 years...even when you are crazy and frustrated that it won't work, the thought seems like a freak show...but it doesn't look like it will come to that) .

Sweet...4 out of 5 days of exercise and lab actually not trying to kill me. Pinch me quick.

2 comments:

Bullet said...

Slowly but surely I see The Real Rocketpants returning. Go away dejected and abused grad student. Bring on the happy! Glad things are turning for you. Keep plugging.

DV said...

no bagging allowed! good job sticking with de' plan...