Tuesday, January 23, 2007

good, good, good

Good stuff going on.

1) I did some yoga this morning
2) I went to a yoga class BEFORE going in for work (i've been struggling with getting my AM work outs done which is better for me generally)
3) I have been asked to do a phone interview for a job i might be well suited for.
4) The bottom still hasn't fallen out of research...good.

I was talking to a friend about the saying 'back in the saddle' and I would like to say that's where I am with my training and balance on life. But in all truth it's more like I'm in the same corral as the horse-y. I'm not quite 'back in the saddle'. But one day at a time...one day at a time.

This all has been an interesting lesson as I've realized that some times in life when things in my life have blow to pieces (as they have in my life over the past few months) and my training has basically gone down the tubes, I've discovered that there are times when it is easy to just JUMP back into the mix of it all and into the ol' training routine. But at other times (like this experience for myself) I've learned that I just have to dust myself off and give myself some time to get back to the actual 'saddle' (i.e. my regular schedule)... Recently, I've been learning how to get back into a schedule piece by piece. I've had to learn how not to get uber frustrated with myself when I just don't have the energy to dedicate to focusing on jumping into the mix of training with my life/research making me crazy at the moment. It is possible to get back into the swing of my training little by little, and that has been a valuable lesson. I will get there. I know it. It may take some time, but hey that's OK. Sometimes the person in my life I am the hardest on is myself. I am learning how to give myself space when that is really what I need while working towards getting back into it all. In time...it will happen...i know it.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Your last few post have been very positive and motivating….like the saying goes "it's all good" No worries you'll be back in the saddle in no time!