Saturday, September 09, 2006

week o' training

Suddenly it's saturday and I'm not quite sure how I got here. Time has a funny way of escaping me when I'm not paying attention. Now that school's back in session and all the undergrads are running around acting very...lost...I feel this momentum starting to gather. I feel like this year is going to be insanity, and that somehow i'm being taking to a the top of a really tall hill and soon enough just going to just end up being dropped off of it and somehow end up at the bottom. Hopefully the bottom has a degree in hand and a job, but until then I must endure being thrown to the bottom of this very tall hill...ok not a hill a mountain.

Back to training, this week has contained a track workout of 4x800's and some hill repeats....mixed in with getting back in the pool and continuing to get out on the bike.

The track workout was interesting...it turns out I could join the tennis team :-)...ok they were just taking up my space on the track...and talking about me quite loudly. I just wanted to say:"Dude...I'm not deaf."

The workout itself turned into a lesson learned in focus...or in losing focus. As my 800s looked like this:4x800
1) 3:41 Avg HR 171
2) 3:38 Avg HR 176
3) 3:49 Avg HR 176
4) 3:45 Avg Hr 178

That third repeat i guess I checked out and ended up in la-la land. This week is more tracky-ness so we shall see how that turns out.

The hill repeats freaked me out because I ran them almost a full minute and a half faster than last week with an avg HR almost 10bpm lower. Freakish.

The plan was to do a ten miler today, but i woke up and discovered that pizza is NOT a good night before a long run food item. OK not a good item in general...felt sick to my stomach all day. Even took a nap. Started to have the freak out of "What if I still feel gross tomorrow!" thought, but i'm starting to feel better so I don't think all is lost.

I'm five full weeks out from the Hartford 1/2. This whole less than two goal sometimes will freak me out from time to time. It'll come, it'll come. Guess I just have to run fast then...

No comments: