Thursday, September 28, 2006

hills and schtuff

The focus at the moment is running workouts as the last race of my season is a 1/2 marathon. I'm constantly amazed at what each running day brings, as it is new and something new is learned. I've discovered I like running a heck of a lot more than I did before, not just because I am seeing improvement(but that is really fun), but I'm discovering what 'training' is more about. Focus is a good thing.

My 6 x 0.25mile hill repeats went well. It took 37 minutes, 12:20 min/miles for the hills....some funny math on my end of things made it look like the last time I did these repeats it 'supposedly' took me an extra 10 minutes...and then I realized, I wrote something down wrong. I still saw some great improvement...34 seconds per mile of improvement, not 3 minutes per mile of improvement...it gave me a laugh at either the mistake or improvement...not sure which at the moment (but i'm beginning to think i didn't have a 3 minute/mile improvement.).

Well off to sleep...trying to shift my schedule earlier more with the hope that one day I might actually graduate. The earlier wake up time is making me constantly tired...I'm still in the phase where i'm stumbling around all afternoon and in desperate need for coffee all day long. It'll pass with time. Must press on.

No comments: