Saturday, September 02, 2006

Huh?

Ever have those days after a hard workout where you just stare at things and nothing really enters the ol' brain? You are actively trying to think, but it is not working. Nothing is processing even though you are trying as hard as you can to concentrate. It is in that state of mind that the mouth becomes slightly agape and you just look...well...silly. All you can think is "just focus", but the words in front of you don't form much of anything. The body is heavy and for some reason the brain isn't functioning fully. You haven't? Well...then...err...move on to another post :-)

That was me today in the grocery store, post long run, post breakfast, shower...ect. There I am attempting to concentrate...as hard as I can...on which toilet paper is the cheapest on sale. The numbers were going into my head, but...things weren't making sense, in a very strange way. Staring...staring...staring...i'm just standing there.

I'm thinking "I just want to go home and take a nap. Why doesn't this make any sense to me?"

And then I hear someone next to me say: "It's a hard decision you've got there...picking out toilet paper".

Huh?

Are you talking to me? (mouth agape staring at toilet paper?? )

I turn and stare at this guy talking to me (with my mouth probably still slightly agape and I begin to wonder if he's making fun of me...ok maybe he was...).

I'm thinking as hard as possible now: "Do I know you?...um...maybe I know you...think come on think...you do know this person".

Arrrrgggh...it's one of my teachers from my dept.

He make some comment that my inability to decide is based upon me and my scientific nature to compare things as I 'price shopped'. He tried to make me feel better as he's done that too.

I laugh...ha...ha...ha...halfheartedly.

Um...yea...i need to be going now. Feeling rather silly for staring at toilet paper for 10 minutes without being able to make a decision, I grab some that I think are fine price wise and move towards the checkout.

post running Brainfog...dude that sucks.

No comments: