Monday, February 09, 2009

Thin line

Sometimes I feel like that of ALL people, I should be able to figure MYSELF out. Nope. I am beginning to believe that OTHER people are way easier to figure out. Overall I tend to run a thin line between being SUPER busy and LOVING it...and being SUPER busy and it stressing me out so bad that fall off the side of an emotional cliff. Granted one thing I have learned over the past 6 years or so is the signs of being close to that edge...and I now have learned at least a little better how to pull myself back from the edge, even if it means that I only fall half way down the ledge. Half way is better than all the way into the abyss I think.

Unfortunately in the midst of all of this...i am attempting to add just one more very stressful thing into the mix...buying a condo. Yep...i saw one... and i'm putting a bid in on it this week. Scares me out of my mind, but i'm also super excited about it too. It's in my current neighborhood where I caught myself last week just walking around saying: I love my neighborhood. Dorky...i know...but I love where I live. I'm sure there are other great places here...but my slightly quirky neighborhood is great in my opinion.

Training is going pretty well overall. Not a whole lot to talk about of interest at the moment aside from that midweek velodrome track riding (twice a week!) is going to become a regularly scheduled plan...which I am SOOOOOOOO excited about. This winter has been predominately 'Track Sundays'...which have been lots O FUN, but real trackies are getting ready for race season so more organized stuff in the evenings is opening up. I'm pretty sure I'm going to make a mockery of myself and it will be hilarious. And a rodie friend of mine is trying (as well as my coach) to get me to ride in a 'road' race. I ALREADY eat a lot of humble pie on the bike ...but looks like it will be the main course being surved this spring.

And of course...Saturday is the LA Velodrome/ADT center. EXCITING! I'm trying not to think about it...otherwise I fear it will just freak me out all week.

4 comments:

katie b said...

go get em jo. you are an amazingly strong woman, capable of most anything and i am very impressed by the way you are handling everything in such great stride :)

up for a ride soon? although you will most definately be kicking my arse, but i'm ready for the challenge ;)

Charisa said...

Oh I am master of walking the fine line, falling off and realizing I do it to myself! :) I hope you get the condo - awesome you love your neighborhood. And so so excited to hear your adventures at the Velodrome!! Pics if you can?! Oh, and those bike pics I posted a while ago - Couzer and Rice canyon up near Valley Center - you would love it, beautiful!!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

You are gonna rock that track! Good luck with the condo...nothing feels better than loving where you live!

Speed Racer said...

Re:Stress

Solution: Have you tried alcohol?