Friday, February 20, 2009

More pics and another great test

I just got sent a few new pics from last weekend's adventure up to the ADT track in LA. I like this pic of the track better as it gives sorta a better 'feel' of the curvature of the track.








And well...I like this picture cuz it's COOL. Yep...that IS me. I like the pic. I can at least pretend I was going really REALLY fast or something.














Running Time Trial

I was very happy with it! It's a 30minute time trial to basically see fitness/LT with it. Last time for the 30 minutes the first 15 minutes I was averaging about 8:34mpm pace...and then...well...i got a massive side stitch and the wheels fell off. The last 15minutes were divided into 5 minute increments looking like: 8:37mpm, 9:14mpm, 9:02mpm.

This time things went much better! I broke the 30minutes into 10-5-5-5-5 minutes to help me focus.
1) First 10 minutes 8:17mpm 168bpm
2)5 minutes 8:17mpm 166bpm
3)5 minutes 8:26mpm 168bpm
4)5 minutes 8:26mpm 166bpm
5)5 minutes 7:53mpm!! :-) 172bpm

Seeing progress is really fun and encouraging to know that the training is working...and I was just told that the next 3 months will be intensity work. That should improve times even more too. Fun stuff.

6 comments:

Sunshine said...

Just the pictures leave me breathless. You are something, you know!!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Holy tamale...that is one seriously steep track! Love the photo of you zipping by!

Speed Racer said...

Wow, way to pay attention, Claire. At first I thought that those paces were ON THE BIKE and I couldn't figure out why you were so slow. Did the wheels LITERALLY fall off? Then I figured out that you were running. That's a pretty awesome pace, especially since I could probably barely keep up with you! And our heartrates are pretty similar too. Maybe we're twins, separated at birth. Want your twin sister to come move into your condo with you (which I'm SURE you're going to get)???

I can't wait to see how "intensity" brings you to the next level. Even more, I can't wait to see the perspective that you bring to it. I'm really excited to hear about the "scientific evaluation" of the whole process.

Speed Racer said...

Oh, and the picture is SOOOOOO cool!

Charisa said...

Awesome progress and I love the pic of you flying by!

FLATOUT JIM said...

Jusrt Curious. Does that make your LT heart rate around 167 to 170?