Monday, February 16, 2009

ADT center pics

A history of the location where the ADT center is located. The track used for the Olympics in '84 is not this track. This track was built recently and is located in the same general location as the Olympic track used then.


This is a pic of that 8yr old kid riding a 42 frame. It's hard to tell how small he is, but gives a bit of an idea of what the track looks like.



















The trusty steed hanging out waiting for a wild ride. (mine's the bianchi)














So here is a explanation of the ADT track. Keep in mind it is in the corners like this one, where the track is pretty much at its steepest...45 degrees. It is also about two stories at this point too. The SD velodrome is a mere 27 degrees and has everything except for the region called the Balustrade and the Blue Band. Balustrade actually means 'railing'. It takes a fair amount of effort to get up there and then well...stay up there without slipping off in the corners. I didn't venture up there...this time...next time maybe. Also the blue band is to 'aid' in getting onto the track and off of the track. The SD velodrome doesn't need because it such a steep track.

Here is a fun pic down the side of the railing, it's hard to get a feeling of the steepness in this picture, but my friend has a great picture apparently during a race where the cyclist basically look like they are perpendicular to the ground around this corner. It is pretty trippy and I refused to look down this corner until after I had ridden the track so I wouldn't freak myself out. I think that was wise.

Awesome adventure...looking forward to going again!

5 comments:

Bob Almighty said...

To go with my last comment:

PURE AWESOMENESS! Pants you are one bas ass mofo

Benson said...

WOW!
That looks so AWESOME!
Damn, you're one of coolest biker chicks I know (bloggily speaking).

Charisa said...

holy steepness!

Ryan said...

What is this NASCAR for bikers...whew that looks wild. Cool stuff.

Speed Racer said...

Holy crap! I had no idea it was SO steep!!! You are a brave, brave person, my friend. I don't know if I could even hang at the bottom!