Friday, June 27, 2008

I made it

I made it...it is Friday. Wow. The one thing I can always count on is that time will move forward. When things suck and when they really, really suck...time will move forward I just have to keep breathing...in and out...in and out. That is a good thing. I think I had one of the worst weeks in my life and I am glad it is friday. What is more impressive to me is that while it was emotionally draining, and I had to play the "this really sucks card" I didn't do what I usually do...which is just totally shut down. I did have some friends help me with that and push me out the door and get workouts in and kept encouraging me just to do stuff...no matter how menial or trivial...really helped me. And at the end of the day we all need that in life, friends and family you can lean on when life just plain sucks. Unfortunately this is going to drag on for a bit, and I am hoping it will only be for another month. That is the best case. I don't know if I may go MIA for a bit, it is possible...so time will tell how much i'm 'round these parts'.

Despite the horrible week, it hasn't been bad training wise. Some good runs were done, my legs hurt from some heavy lifting at Crossfit, I tried out my new wetsuit tonight and it ROCKED. I can swim SOOOOOOO much faster I don't even know how much faster i am going, i just FEEL wicked fast which to me, it doesn't matter how fast I go...just as long as it feels like i'm going super fast. Only thing that I wanted to get in that I didn't manage this week was a bike ride and unfortunately pilates will be put off for awhile, until the next session starts up. I think I'm going to *actually* try to go for a nice bike ride tomorrow. Better get some sleep.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man! Whatever it is, I hope it clears up sooner than soon, and that it's less painful than you expect.

I had a supershitty week too. Maybe it's just one of those weeks where there's a bad luck storm over the Northern Hemisphere. Hopefully, even if things aren't better next week, at least your head will be. I hope.

Speed Racer said...

Oops. In case you haven't figured it out, that last one was me.

katie b said...

just keep on breathing and putting one foot in front of the other and you'll do just fine. i can tell you're a strong one just by reading your blog, so keep on keeping on :)

Sarah said...

I'm sending you good energy, Pants!!! Hope it's shaping up to be a better week. And I hope you don't stay away too long - I love your blog!!!

triguyjt said...

good luck pants....