Monday, June 23, 2008

EVERYWHERE!!

Today I'm lugging my groceries up my step and I can hear someone jostling the door from the other side and I step aside to make sure I don't get whacked by the door. Out comes some guy I haven't seen before acting like he lives there. I live in a 4 apt complex so I know all the other tenants and granted he could have been a friend of someones but he makes a comment about having just moved in, which makes him my across the hall neighbor. In an effort to be welcoming I make some chit chat...oh welcome, when did you move in, bla, bla, bla. Internally I'm just hoping he's not a psycho as the last tenants and I had become friends and I was sad they left. So I ask the question: Did you just move to San Diego or move from somewhere within San Diego?

Him: Oh San Diego...I just moved from No-arth Paaaaaaaaak

Me: Blink...blink...blink

To myself: did this guy just BUST out a boston accent??? Am I going crazy? My puzzled look caused him to interject:


Him: But i'm from Baaastaaan originally.

AKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK I can't get away!! Those crazy Bostonians are following me around!! Way.Too. Funny...now I can say "wicked" all I want to my neighbor and he will understand. I wonder if he's a crazy Red Sox fan ...and baseball season just started...yikes.

9 comments:

Angry Runner said...

be sure to heckle the accent on a daily basis

Bullet said...

How awful. Is there no where safe from Red Sox fans?

Paul said...

Those east coast people....always congregate together! :)

Sunshine said...

Glad he wasn't a stalker!
Keep us posted ....

Speed Racer said...

Wicked bizaaaah! I sweyuh, theyuh aah Bostonians everywheah! Did I tell you that in California, the chick in the tent next to mine was from one town ovah from me in Boston. Weiyud, huh?

triguyjt said...

i feel your pain..pants...

wow...

good luck

Benson said...

that is so wicked cool!
sorry, I couldn't resist.
I don't suppose his name is Philly Ragusa?
He was a bartender I knew down at the Barking Crab on the wharf.

Sarah said...

AAAAHH HA that's funny!!! I love it!!!

At first I was scared because I was like "oh my god she ran into some crazy guy trying to break in" and then I realized it was all good. :)

J said...

Good grief. There is nothing wrong with people from Boston. And no, we do not say BAHHHHHSTON! Unbelievable.

Remind me to send you that Yankees hat I've been holding onto...

:o)