Sunday, June 22, 2008

A look to the fall

Well with my discovery of how crappy my Lactate Threshold is and a desire to improve it I am looking at doing an Oly in Aug/Sept and a half marathon in the fall. The goal for the half mary, to see if I can do a repeat performance of 2006 and go under two hours as a lot of my training would translate well into lactate threshold training improvements.

I looked back over my previous training and have realized a few things, one...I don't keep a very good journal and will neglect writing stuff down a lot of the time...two...training the last month has been rather weak. I'm looking to change that up.

But as I looked at what I had on my schedule to do this week as far as exercise was concerned and it looked like this: yoga, run, swim, pilates(this will be something new to me), softball, crossfit, bike intervals, a (possible) hike, interval runs, open water swimming, biking and a long run. And my thought:

I have some serious sports ADD. It made me laugh. Hopefully I get to all of it this week. I'm notorious for making a big list of things and not getting them all in, especially if I don't have an impending race. I'm trying to pick out some races for late Aug/Sept and have narrowed down some Oly's but am having some trouble picking a half mary. I didn't really like Long Beach last year and bizarrely there aren't a ton of 1/2 mary's in the fall in these parts in Oct, so I may have to stretch my race calendar to November and do the Silver Strand half. Still debating this.

Got a nice 8 mile run in today and while both my hip flexors were slightly cranky, this was pretty normal. The dreaded hip was actually behaving. Maybe I really am on the mend. That would be nice.

5 comments:

Runner Leana said...

Ohh, a fall half mary! If you were up for travelling I could think of a few. How far away are you from Disneyland? Their half mary is over Labor Day. I was looking at running that one, but finances got in the way. Otherwise there are some nice ones in Canada in October.

triguyjt said...

glad the dreaded hip is coming around....

glad you are on the mend...

keep on trucking !!!!

Paul said...

Silver Strand is a nice flat one!

Sunshine said...

You are a Possibility Person!!
You keep your life interesting.

Sarah said...

Maybe come up here? There's one in Healdsburg...it's supposed to be awesome...