Thursday, August 09, 2007

essential

What I like about having a goal and training for it is that a workout on a schedule goes from something that I should do...or I need to get done...to something that is essential. It becomes a non-negotiable. I know what needs to be done in order to achieve a goal. I understand there is no 'cramming' when it comes to endurance sports. And then my training becomes something that must be done in order to achieve what I want to do and in a way becomes ingrained into me...and must become a part of my comings and goings because I think about it a lot and schedule it and dream about it. And then the training starts to become essential to me. Unfortunately it is too easy to be sidelined from these things and somehow I lose how essential it is to me...and I easily forget how much a part of me it is.

Got in some more runs this week, they weren't supposed to be anything spectacular...main focus is my endurance baseline on those ones. But they were good.

Few things I've noticed is that whenever I start a training program that first week...my goodness EVERY freaking bit of me that has ever had an injury thinks that it has some say in what I do. Sheesh. Stretching and evaluating has ensued...but i also know this always happens the first week of training. It'll pass.

keep on keeping on

3 comments:

No Wetsuit Girl said...

"I understand there is no 'cramming' when it comes to endurance sports."

That's getting added to my collection of nuggets of wisdom I get off other people's blogs. I'm glad the training is hitting the spot. Never mind those old injuries, but remember to ease back into it!!!

Benson said...

On don't you just love how the body communicates with us?
Take is slow and steady. You will become what you want to be.

Ryan said...

Great enthusiasm...you're in the zone! Take it one day at a time.....don't try to do to much too quick.

Happy Training