Thursday, August 31, 2006

Ugly Shoes


So this season I’ve been running in some pretty blue and silver Nimbus VI, but sadly their days have come to an end.

Last fall I had the ohhhh so ugly green and silver Nimbus VII, the early season release. --->


The ASICS people wised up throughout the year and realized their color design was...well ugly and did release a normal looking purple and white pair later in the season, but at the time last fall when I had to buy some shoes, the early season moon-boot style looking green and silver ones or the blue and silver ones were my only choices. I decided not to get the blue ones.

At first I thought that they wouldn’t be that ugly, but when I tried them on I felt that they were too <---moon-boot-psychedelic in their craziness for me. I know of a running store in my area that wouldn’t carry the shoes, solely (hahaha) because they thought they were ugly and wouldn’t be able to move the shoes out the door.

So it’s time that I replace the pretty blue and silver Nimbus VI for a new pair of the ugly green Nimbus VII I had last fall. They were on sale... what can I say? Even though I could have purchased the relatively normal looking purple and white ones, they would have been 30 dollars more than the ugly silver and green ones and well…I’m cheap and I’ll deal with ugly shoes. Apparently, according to Joe, ugly shoes are justifiable if you run fast enough. So I’d better run fast otherwise I’ll just have unjustifiably ugly shoes. So, I’ve come to the conclusion that ugly shoes are cool. Knowing me, I wouldn’t be surprised if in the future given the choice of ‘normal’ looking shoe and ugly shoe, I’ll pick the ugly shoe. (mainly because I’ll think it’s funny)

I also found some shoes that I have no purpose for whatsoever, but I like their names, and they fit the ugly shoe category. Cool name and ugly shoe…that’s even better. If I ever needed some shoes like these, I’d want to be in these ones. Their name: Hyper Rocketgirl XCS. That name…it’s awesome…and the shoe…it’s…well...not pretty, that’s for sure.

Or if I need some court shoes I’d want these ones below named: Rocket III . Again cool name, but and yet again...more on the ugly than on the non-ugly side of shoes.



You see, my shoes are named Nimbus, and well that’s just the name of a cloud...yawn.

OoooOOOOhhh I’m running on a cloud. OK so some Nimbus clouds are ‘menacing’ thunder clouds…I’m still unimpressed. It doesn't inspire me to run fast like Rocket does.



Personally, I’d rather run like a rocket. And that is what I shall do…

Rocketpants

1 comment:

Joe B said...

I think you DO need the rocket shoes. You can wear them on your fast 10K race or do some short XC stuff later in the fall....