Sunday, August 27, 2006

too much of a good thing

Why is it that sometimes having such a GREAT weekend can actually set you up to have a really, really crappy Monday? Yea, grad school is never fun, but when the weekend is THAT good, it makes monday just that much worse. I did all sorts of things and had all sorts of fun which set me up for BLA monday, and I dare-say was more cranky than need be. One of those days where I just wanted to go to bed because that meant tomorrow would be better. But, that is how it goes sometimes.

Things that were great about the weekend:
Since I love sports movies...i got to see "invincible" (only OK...but still a decent flick) with a friend.

Friend came in from out of town and got to hang out with her and other good friends.

Went to a new awesome cafe, that made me miss...miss...miss living in New Zealand (they had my favorite type of espresso drink that I've only ever found over there...a 'flat white'. It's beautiful)

Joe B. has been kind enough to help me through this next 1/2 marathon to help me get under 2 hours. ( Some thing I really appreciate and can't say thanks enough) And I went for the first long run in awhile where I was excited to run 8 miles. It was beautiful. The time run was beautiful. It was a good thing.

Watched more sports movies (ok i admit i'm a sports movie junkie),but I've gotta find out how fast I can run a mile tomorrow, so I thought a little inspiration from Prefontaine would be appropriate :-) The movie made me nostalgic for my undergrad (even though the movie takes place at the University of Oregon, it's not filmed there. It was actually filmed at my undergrad institute, still Pacific Northwest, but not U of O). Watched a really bad sports movie...Breaking Away.

And church was great.

It was a great weekend.

I'm just not going to go into the myrid of things that made today ick...because i'll dwell. But it was a lame Monday. I'm looking forward to tomorrow...both because I get to see how fast I can run a single mile in and also it won't be today with me being cranky (because i'm tired of it...and i have to walk around with myself in my own head) and it will be better. I know it.


Yea for tomorrow...until then...


No comments: