Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Why?

That is a question I love. Why? It’s simple, is purposeful, it can be investigated…sometimes. It’s due to the simplicity of this question I think I ventured into science. I’ve also found that this question doesn’t work that well outside of science. Asking why people behave the way they do, doesn’t usually turn up an answer. And this question is sometimes a big hurdle for me with training, racing, yoga.

Yoga in particular gets me too many times. I feel like if I just understood WHY my body wouldn’t do what I wanted it to do, then I would be able to move towards being able to do it. Make sense? I donno. Questions that plague me: Why am I so inflexible? I never did *that* much athletics, and I have always believed in stretching, yet I remember being a kid and even being inflexible. Why is that? Sometimes I feel there is more than an answer of ‘just keep doing it, and it will come’Is there a muscle imbalance? Is there something else going on? But my body doesn’t have these answers for me, or it’s not going to let me in on its quiet secrets. It’s puzzling and frustrating because I-just-want-the-answer! Sigh, it will come…when I’m not expecting it, it will just sneak up on me and show me. It doesn’t like the demands of the question Why?, so I must just let it do what it does and try not to question it too much….but…why?

No comments: