Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Disoriented

Yoga is crazy. I think I learn more about the weirdness about my body in a yoga class than any other time in life. When I first started doing head stands and hand stands (quite recently), I didn’t like them. I’m still not sure if I do like them yet. I don’t really like being upside down, I use all sorts of weird muscles, and I’m easily disoriented.

It happened again yesterday, I was in a head stand and the goal of coming down is to come down ‘lightly’. This requires that you know where your body is in relation to the floor. Seems like an easy thing to remember: blood flowing to the head, legs upside down in the air, floor is down. Need to put feet on floor…lightly. Problem is, for me at least, is that with time, being upside down I sorta get confused. I know I’m in a head stand (duh), but this whole up and down thing sorta gets thrown out the window in a weird way. It then makes coming down lightly more difficult. I didn’t thud myself to the ground last night, it’s just weird that I could suddenly not figure out where my body was in relation to where gravity is pulling it down. Why?

Yet another Why? Question.

No comments: