Friday, July 03, 2009

Things that make me happy...

Different things make each of us happy and I don't think one thing or one person can really ever make a person happy...as in a permanent disposition of happiness. But there are times when happy things do happen and I think it is good to drink those in and enjoy them because this world can be harsh so much of the time that it is good to reflect on the good things and be thankful for those.

I've had a very "Things that make me happy..."kind of week even though it has been rather stressful on MANY fronts and too many times I have raised my voice at people when trying to make a point, rolled my eyes at interactions(ok maybe not DURING, but surely after), and wanted to throttle too many people. Given THAT disclaimer...i still found some happy things to be happy about.

Things that make me happy...

  • Riding my 'real' racing gear at the track, 50x15, and lovin it (even if it hurts a little more).
  • Not getting dropped in a paceline as frequently and mainly getting dropped when I would screw up and gap myself off the paceline
  • Seeing my actual Garmin watch (which is known to LIE ), register its highest number to date at the velodrome: 30.2mph (which was probably more like 33mph)
  • Riding the velodrome and seeing constant improvement
  • Seeming like I have boundless energy and I haven't even started taper
  • Discovering that the condo I am in the process of buying is within 2 blocks of the coolest coffee house. I knew I was in heaven when they had TURKEY ruben sandwiches as well as doubling as a psudo-wine bar in the evenings.
  • Having said condo inspected only to discover the ONE minor repair that is needed on the place may cost me less than 100 dollars and it is as cute as I remember it.
  • Going for a 'gossip' bike ride that is focused on...chatting...chatting...ooops there's a big hill...and chatting and generally enjoying the ride and catching up with a good friend.
  • Gearing up to run my longest run i have ever done, 16miles, and looking forward to the final 3 mile because my good friend is going to join me
  • Having good friends who enjoy similar activities
  • After making my announcement about IMCDA to family and friends and discovering that many seem inclined to be my ironspectating section. (ppppsst...it's still open...any takers?)
It is good...

3 comments:

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

I needed this little pick me up. thank you! I'm having an emotional taper that is making me sad and cranky. Very weird. But it too shall pass. In the meantime, loving that your world is rocking! That is all great news. Vineman is going to be a blast!

Charisa said...

Yah for IM CDA, awesome condo, coffee house, fun training and Vineman coming up!! :) And you are STRONG!

katie b said...

:)