Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I did...

Just returned from a week in Sonoma county for Vineman 70.3 and it.was.awesome. Here is a very brief overview of the loooooooong race report to come, but I need to go to bed right now.

In my last post I mad a few goals for my race and I DEFINITELY achieved them all.

I did...
  • have fun...on more than one occasion had spectators comment on the big smile plastered on my face.
  • thank the volunteers...they were awesome
  • smile on occasion ...actually...most of the time I couldn't get the smile off of my face
  • try to encourage others on the course
  • leave it all on the course...I did this so 'well' that I ended up being ridiculously goofy after the race because I couldn't think straight... it was almost embarrassing.
  • keep my ego in check on the bike...mission accomplished
  • drink, eat, drink, eat, throw water on me, use ice to cool me during and after the race...did it to such a degree that I actually raced the whole race.
  • Finish...with a big smile on my face
  • And the amazing part of the day? Accomplishing my 'reach' time goal of sub 6 hours and finished it in 5:55!!! It.was.awesome
more later...

5 comments:

Ryan said...

Congratulations on your success at Vineman. Enjoy the moment and I wish you continued success especially for the BIG IMCDA.

Charisa said...

Congrats congrats!! I'm bummed I missed you!! I like #1 the best - YOU HAD FUN!!!! That is better than any time goal or any placing at all.

katie b said...

awesome, just awesome jo! can't wait to hear more :)

BAM said...

i am ridiculously proud of you, but you know that. great job! please don't make the race report longer than the race, though.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

YEAH! Off to read your race report now. So happy for you!!!!