Thursday, April 02, 2009

29.9

Dear Mr. Garmin:
What is your insistence on being so mean to me? I clearly see from that pretty graph I get to read each time I upload my data into your system that 29.9mph was NOT my max speed from track class. In FACT...when I look at that pretty little graph it says: 32mph. And while I should not complain as over the past 4 weeks when I started my track class you told me my max speed was 28.1mph. And if I dug back into January I saw that my sessions at the velodrome only showed max speeds of only 24.5mph...quite clearly you are now jesting me. To show me such a pretty little graph that doesn't show a sharp point at 32mph but in fact the graph implies that some actual time was spent over 30mph. I understand that you don't think 8 seconds warrants registering that it was over 30mph, but 8 seconds is a pretty long time too. World record holders for the flying 200 would almost be done with their sprint (10.831 seconds).

No 32mph is not fast compared to those world record holders, but Mr. Garmin...i'm just saying 8 seconds is a lot of time and hence i do not understand how you think that my max speed was only 29.9mph. I mean 8 seconds of time over 30mph...could you just pretend and give me the 30mph? I mean how hard is that? I even got a shiny new cog and managed to get the right chain for it last weekend and now you just tease me with the idea that I might have actually gone faster than 30mph. sigh.... You are so mean.

And to top it off...what in the world did you do to yourself? You have managed to clear all of your information from the past in my data file off my computer and you have become resistant to your power switch. As well as refusing to store very many of your previous pretty graphs. I do not understand, but I worry about your health. Have you seen a doctor recently? You should really get that checked out.

But in the future would you kindly just give me the true max speed...the one that your graph implies...and if that is truly NOT the max speed...don't put it on there. That is just mean.

Sincerely
'pants

5 comments:

katie b said...

you're cute :)

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

I sure hope Mr. Garmin writes back and clears this all up!

Bob Almighty said...

I'm still laughing at this....

I'm thinking threatening Mr. Garmin with a switch to mr. Timex might do the trick...that's what worked with my old car.

Sunshine said...

You sound so nice and polite to Mr. Garmin. Impressive.. and entertaining.

Charisa said...

Haha! :) You rock on the track - tell THAT to Mr. Garmin!!