Tuesday, June 16, 2009

please...just take my money...

So...awhile back I mentioned the whole "trying to buy a condo" thing...well that didn't work out so well previously...but I found a cute new place that does need some updating, but great price, love the location. Little itty bity glitch...sorta. LITERALLY half a block away from what is my default bike shop. Please...here is my pay check...just cash it. It will be less painful.

This is the shop where i bought my track bike...it's a fixie focused bike shop and the club I will race for when I start racing at the velodrome. (did I just say...when?)

Yes...actually...i did say when. And that when is not too far away actually. August = when. A second night of racing has started on Friday nights and they have added a women's category. And know what...if we could get all the women to show up at the same time...there might be a field of 10-20 women out there. How cool is that?

Funny thing about it...i SWORE up and down and to anyone who would listen that I would NEVER actually get out there and race...ever....ever...ever. (granted I don't think anyone believed me) I bought my track bike with the one intention of being able to ride the velodrome when I wanted to all winter and that was my only intention.Really...it was... Ride all winter take classes til...forever, but race? no way... So I bought just a basic entry level track bike...nothin fancy...just standard entry level beauty. And that is true...he is a beauty. sigh :-)

And my beauty just got an upgrade i CANNOT wait to try out. NEW CHAINRING!!!!! I just bought him a 50...I have a 48x15 geared up right now and typically ride with that...but I do have a flip flop hub and can run a 48x16 if I want to. So...going to gear up another 4 gear inches to a 50x15! YEA for leg strength. Only concern i have pushing a bigger gear is that reality that I have no 'jump' when we start. I'm pathetic on a smaller gearing until I can get up to speed so a bigger gear is just harder with getting a 'jump' at the beginning. Will have to see how it goes. More plyometrics?

5 comments:

The Lazy Triathlete said...

As Sean Connory once said--Never Say Never Again!! :)

Good luck on the racing and the condo!!!

BAM said...

surprise, surprise. who saw this coming? :)

Sarah said...

I am jumping up and down out of excitement for you! That is FANTASTIC! You so INSPIRE me with this track stuff. I know I've been MIA for a couple months so it is SO fantastic to hear you loving this as much as you are. One of my teammates is really into the track stuff and I have been loving her race reports from the Velodrome in San Jose. Both of you have inspired me so much to want to do it but I just can't rationalize it - a 2 hr drive from one end of the Bay Area to the other is just not okay. *Sigh*

ANYWAY yes do more plyometrics. They will def help with that 'get up and go'...in fact, I need to do more myself.

High five!

Charisa said...

Awesome!!!! Can't wait to hear about your racing velodrome experiences!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

The condo sounds perfect! And as for racing...you go girl! FUN!