Thursday, June 11, 2009

FINALLY

Mr. Garmin FINALLY decided to register 30.0mph at the velodrome tonight. Granted, i was actually going 32mph off the back of a motorcycle...details, details. Chris pointed out that Mr. Garmin has issues at the velodrome because of the small circle situation. Mr. Garmin doesn't like going round and round. He gets confused with all the circle action. Suck it up Mr. Garmin. PUUUULEZE.

Did a 'preview' of the Vineman 70.3 bike course on a computrainer on Tuesday. OWCH. Lots of sitting on the trainer and it's kinda like riding a fixie for hours on end since you can't stop pedaling...but gave me a good idea of what the course would be like. Rolling-ish hills with two hills in at 25 and 45...but not too big of a deal. Overall the evening went well. I did practice my nutrition, but neglected to practice my actual pacing...um...HR a little on the higher side of things. Not sure I could have then run a full 13.1 miles after almost 3 hours in my Z4...details, details. Now I know better.

Gnarly week going well. I discovered that spending 5 bucks on what I call 'grandma' compression socks at CVS do actually work after a hard workout. Or at least my legs were much spring-ier than they would be for a tempo run after such a hard trainer session the day before.

And saturday...i'm riding my bike back from DISNEYLAND!! That's just fun to say :-) ohhhh yea, and 80 mile train ride. Take the train to Anaheim and then ride the bike back. Crazy...crazy.

4 comments:

Speed Racer said...

30 mph?!?! Holy shit! On flat ground?! Even if you were drafting, that's effing amazing!!! Now I may be a bit behind the curve on this one, but why don't you just use a $30 bike computer rather than a $300 GPS that can't handle small circles?

The boys at the shop are trying to get me in to the velodrome, and I might just do it. If I do, you'll be the first to know :).

Speed Racer said...

... excuse me... 32

Benson said...

Holy ffffffandango that's fast!
Good job.
Your biking back from D-land sounds cool.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Love the idea of biking home from Disneyland! I'm taking an informal poll of what people pack to eat on these long bike rides. Looking for inspiration!