Monday, March 16, 2009

I have a talent...

I don't know what it's 'usefulness' is...but it does create some bizarr-o situations and funny stories. Like tonight...I get a txt from Chris: Did you go to XYZ high school?

me: um...yea?

Chris: Do you know RD???

me: um...yea?!

By this point its too weird so I just call him because WHY would he be asking me if I went to my high school and KNEW this person? Apparently...RD showed up at the tri club masters swim tonight for the first time...works where i WORK...and I had no idea. I haven't seen her since I was 15. Very weird. Chris remembers from the first time that he met me that i have this 'talent'. I don't think he believed me until now. ;-)

This is where I have to point out: I am NOT from California. I have only lived in CA for a little over a year and a half. So far...just since i've lived in San Diego...I have run into my roomate from my tiny undergrad, run into another classmate from my tiny undergrad, run into a girl that I lived down the street from growing up, and THEN there are a few other randomly small connections...those are the most outstanding...but this one...I know her from high school...she works at my WORK BUT it was NOT through work that we find ourselves connected? oooooookkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaay

This happens a LOT to me and not just since I moved to San Diego...but it is seemingly freakishly honed in since I moved out here. Quite the talent I might say.

4 comments:

Speed Racer said...

There has got to be some way to make a fortune off this talent of yours... Hmmmm, facebook is HUGE because everyone seems to want to reconnect with people from their past, maybe we could charge people $500 to have coffee with you, and then someone from their distant past will just HAPPEN to walk by. I bet you'll get a lot of nerds that were turned down in high school by hot girls...

Chris said...

Yep, that was a strange one. RD seemed just as freaked out by the whole thing as you were! You guys working at the same place is what got the conversation rolling in that direction, but the connection actually had nothing to do with that. I guess it's your world RP, we're all just living in it.

The Lazy Triathlete said...

Since I don't want to get on Facebook, how about I just hire you.

Charisa said...

small world huh?! :)