Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Level 2


Track class is back and I have 'graduated' to level two...um...i made a total fool out of myself though. I may be level 'two'...but I still managed to tip myself over after pushing (or maybe NOT pushing hard enough) off the rail...yea, ego bruised and maybe my hip...but nothing hurt.

Level two really only means one thing: I took level one. Our group is tiny compared to the level one newbies...but I have secured myself as the slowest. Awww...i even got screamed at from the side lines to close the gap and get out at one point. (i came so close to closing it and i was about to get out anyway when I was told to get out ...ok...ok...i'm going.)

But still a few things happened tonight that were interesting: I hit my max HR...191...never seen that on a bike. While I was feeling a little lack luster about the evening, I looked at my garmin data only to see that I was hitting speeds i've never hit before at the track. I came close to 30mph...ok...briefly (and i'm sure I was drafting someone and hanging on for dear life)...so that is very cool. Training is about progress and even when it sometimes seems that progress isn't happening, sometimes it is more about a matter of perspective. I threw my data from tonight up against data even from a few weeks ago...I am getting faster...it just takes time.

6 comments:

katie b said...

good job roo. great perspective to take from the day :)

Formulaic said...

Way to go on the promotion!

191 is no joke, you must have really been working it!

Keep it up. Love hearing about the track.

Bob Almighty said...

Movin' on up...

Benson said...

Yay!
good news all around.

Go speedy.

Sunshine said...

Getting faster!! You Go!!

Sarah said...

Hey Girl...
Just doing a LOT of catch up here!! Loved your race report from your bike race - I am so proud of you for challenging yourself and getting out of your comfort zone. THat's what it's all about, right?

As for graduating to level 2 - WOOOO! And 191 on the bike...I don't think I've ever gotten there myself, WOW!! Keep up the great work - it must be so satisfying to see this progress you're making. :)