Monday, July 14, 2008

I know...I know...I know

This was brought up with respect to my last crossfit post by Claire/Speedracer

Here are the answers:
If you answer yes to one or more of the following questions, you may be a crossfit addict:

*Have you sometimes failed to keep promises you made to yourself about controlling or cutting down on your Crossfit?

I said I was going to cut back on crossfit...I have. One day a week. I just miss it terribly. So NO I've kept my promises...even though I secretly want the off season so I can do crossfit 5 days a week.

*Have you ever had a traffic violation, or any other legal problem related to crossfit/the endorphins brought on by a crossfit binge?

um...no (see i'm doing great no problems here)

*Do you try to avoid family or close friends while you are doing crossfit?

They don't
go to the crossfit gym...and I made friends at the crossfit gym...not a fair question.

*Are you having more financial, work, school and/or family problems as a result of crossfit?

Does constantly thinking about crossfit while at work count?


*Has your PT ever advised you to cut down on your crossfit?

I've been dismissed from my PT and I think that crossfit keeps me out of his office therefore...this question is really N/A

*Do you eat very little or irregularly during the periods when you are doing crossfit?

You can't crossfit and eat...that equals puking.


*Do you sometimes have the "shakes" after a CF workout and find that it helps to do a "little" deadlifting, pullups or functional mobility work of some kind?

Who doesn't have the 'shakes' after a CF workout?? Deadlifting can sometimes work out that nasty back spasm too.

*Have you recently noticed that you can't crossfit as much as you used to?

That's the point, less crossfit during the season so I can do more LT work.

*Do you sometimes stay at crossfit for several days at a time?

I do go to work. I promise.

*After periods of heavy lifting do you sometimes see or hear things that aren't there?

No...I generally can find the floor just fine, that is there, under my feet and that is me just lying on the floor, hoping that I will regain the strength to walk out the door. No hallucinating.


*Do you ever feel depressed or anxious before, during or after periods of heavy lifting?

Only depressed when I can't lift what is the prescribed workout of the day...which is most days.


*Have any of your blood relatives ever had a problem with crossfit?

They have no idea what i'm talking about.


Any "yes" answer indicates you may be at greater risk for crossfit abuse. More than one "yes" answer may indicate the presence of an crossfit-related problem or crossfit abuse, and the need for consultation with a professional.

Awwww...come on.

Claire/Speed Racer has brought into question of if I am addicted to crossfit. My answer...yes I already knew that...and your point is...??

If someone told me I would love crossfit, as insane as it is...and as much DOMS I have suffered I would have said...NOT ME!! But here are some of my responses to my addiction too:

Did you ever think that after 6 months of crossfit that you would actually start to see those muscles on your stomach that people call 'abs'?

Did you ever know how cool deltoids really are?

Did you ever think that one day you might actually be able to do an unassisted pullup? Or climb a rope?(Ok not yet, but soon)

Did you know that there are more muscles in your quads than just your quads and VMO and you actually might see them with bouts of crossfit?

Did you ever expect that you might think that lifting could be fun ?? Or that you might buy weight lifting shoes?

My answers were a resounding no to these questions up until the last 6 months of crossfit. Am I addicted...sure...is it keeping my injuries at bay...ABSOLUTELY...do my knees hurt any more from ITBS...no...hipflexor issues? Improving with strengthening my glutes. The goal of crossfit was to improve my injury situation and in the middle of it, I have become addicted. I readily admit it.

I'll be upfront and honest...Don't try it unless you are prepared for a possible addiction. I give that as a warning. It is addictive.

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Very cute!!

Speed Racer said...

Congratulations! You've achieved step 1: admitting that you have a problem. Now just 11 steps to go.