Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Almost outta here!

Well I'm off on vacation/graduation/insanity tomorrow. Looking forward to being on vacation...it is shaping up to be a busy and I am sure quite interesting trip. I might be checking in here and there, but I'll be back come June.

This week has been decent training wise. I have neglected to update my sidebar, but anyway. I've gotten three days of crossfit in and plan to go for a 4th and got some running (not much) in too.

Yesterday's crossfit workout was 3x800m sprints and unfun core things like L-sits and Hollow-rock tabata's. They just suck. The sprints...I really wish that we were on an actual track because I pulled out a 3:10, 3:19 and 3:18 for my sprints...that makes me scratch my head a little bit cuz that would possibly put a single mile in that 6 zone. Hmmm...me thinks the 800m is off. Seems a little ludicrous to me. I am thinking of doing a mile trial out in MA as I've got some time on my hands and I know where there is an available track. Just for kicks. We will see if I get to it or not.

Today's crossfit workout was good. My weightlifting shoes finally came in so I got to use them. They were pretty fun.

Started with PowerCleans 3-3-3...don't really like those mainly because I don't have the form down and I think that is inhibiting my ability to do them properly.

Then onto 3 rounds of:
50 squats
7 Muscle ups
10 Hang power cleans

Muscle ups are incredibly difficult in my book. I had one of the biggest rubber bands for assistance (although I think I could have gone down a band). Not that I am really one to gauge any strength off of, I'm pretty weak all around, but some exercises will just punctuate how weak I am. This would be one of those.

Off to pack.

7 comments:

Benson said...

Wooo, have fun and great job on the x-fit workouts. dang you're tough.

triguyjt said...

keep up the tough workouts, pants...hey what are the tabata things you do???

Speed Racer said...

Pretty soon you won't be allowed to call yourself "pretty weak" anymore without catching some shit for it. And I can't wait to see how the mile TT turns out.

Can't wait to see you on Monday. Happy graduation and congratulations!

triguyjt said...

took your advice and checked out the site...
saw lots of the videos...wow...
tremendous challenging stuff...

cool. thanks

Sunshine said...

Hoping you are having a good time!!

Sarah said...

Hope you have a GREAT GREAT vacation. You DESERVE IT!

Congrats on all your tough X-Fit workouts. I'm always so impressed, really.

Have a great time and relax!

The Lazy Triathlete said...

Have a great time. Nothing like a busy vacation to make going to work fun!! LOL