Saturday, May 17, 2008

Last minute

Um...yea...this morning around 10am, I thought "hey...there is a tri up in Encinitas why not do it tomorrow? It's a sprint...doable right?". Ooooooookay. No thought. No planning. No specific training. Just went up there this afternoon and registered and well...I will have a race report tomorrow I guess.

The race is more like a swim-run-bike-run. The run to transition I swear is 1/4 mile UP a big hill. Reminds me of Webster, MA tri's big ol' run to transition, never could get a T1 less than 6 minutes on that race. It should be fun. But the rest of the bike and run are really flat. Only interesting part may be that whole never done a surf entry sort of deal. Not freaked out about it, more concerned about wasting energy. I got a quick 101 on the 'how-to's ' of a running surf entry when I went and signed up. I'm a lucky one I guess, open water doesn't really freak me out...i'm not fast by any imagination, but the whole swimming in open-ness isn't huge to me. Now that being said...i'm used to fresh water places where the, uh, wildlife isn't so keen to hang out with you. Nasty jelly fish or sting ray's floating around could freak me out a little, but I think I will be ok. I think I'm more concerned about the other racers kicking me to be honest and that is in any tri.

So the plan...plan...what plan? Go fast as I possible can. That may look like I'm riding backwards to some people...but hey, whatever. And my other plan is to get my groove back. Wildflower sorta got the spirit of racing back in my blood and I hope tomorrow is much more of the same.

Training this week, oh...wait...it is triathlon season. hahaha. One day I will get my head in the game. It may take awhile, but that's ok.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That's awesome! Last minute sprint tri!

Have a great time tomorrow and THINK FAST! :D

Joe B said...

Awesome. That is exactly how I like to roll.