Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Home for the Holidays

I somehow managed to actually make it out of San Diego on Saturday. *That* in itself was a miracle. Due to all the chaos with all the snow all over the country on Saturday the line for the Southwest Airlines ticket check in was over 2 hours long! I somehow had the wits to just do curb side check in with SW and only had to wait for 30 minutes...but it was only slightly less insane. I was delayed before I got even to the airport but really in the end it was only an hour.

Visiting the fam has been great. Between two sisters, I have 5 nieces and nephews all under the age of 5. Chaos is reigning but it is a lot of fun. Things that are great about kids?

  • Asking for a hug from the 2.5 year old, and realizing that she's really not going to stop hugging you any time soon. To which when she finally does stop hugging you she says: I wuv you.
  • Funny hats that look like bears that they get to wear when we all go out to play in the snow.
  • The fact that any picture I try to take the kids will try to make silly faces. I cannot for the life of me get the kids with grandpa without them making silly faces.
  • Having my 4 year old nephew request ME to read him stories for bed.
  • Having my two 5 year old nieces want to know where I am since they haven't seen much of me yet this visit.
Its been fun so far visiting fam. The normal chaos and insanity, but also good. The snow is coming down and it looks like that the skiing might be good which I think I will venture up the hill with my dad sometime this week.

Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

That sounds like just the perfect holiday! Kids make all the difference. Enjoy!

katie b said...

sounds absolutely perfect. have fun. can't wait to see you after the holidays are over :)

Charisa said...

FUN white Christmas!! ENJOY! Merry Christmas and have fun with those kids :)

Bob Almighty said...

Hope your hoilday was good! Hear you on the travel delays, although a frined of mine from Nashville was somehow able to Make it to CT on Friday night with no delays, despite the blizzard.

Ryan said...

kids are an adventure in thier own way have a wonderful new year