Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Things I learned this week

  • 20% humidity makes me hate the Santa Anna's and it completely straightens my hair.
  • I am very thirsty all the time due to the afore mentioned % humidity.
  • My contacts have taken to glueing themselves to my eyes because of this. Annoying.
  • I have my last triathlon of the season on Sunday and it couldn't come sooner.
  • I have triathlon bla's for no good reason...it's not like I was over training this season or this season was that chalk full of training or racing for that matter. I guess I need a change of scene.
  • I laid the smack down on 10 miles of running this weekend and the next day there were no aches.
  • I might like the track more than I like to admit.
  • I get to go to the track tomorrow!
  • Why my neighbor can't change the battery in his smoke detector and the fact he just lets it chirp all the time is beyond me.
  • I meant to buy him a 9-volt battery and tell him to change it. I'm annoyed and if I can't sleep...it just chirps at me through the wall....Taunting me.
  • When my battery needed to be changed it would scare the crap out of me every time it chirped so why it doesn't bother him...again...is beyond me.
  • Work may soon be such that I will have to frequent Houston, TX like it is my second home. Anyone have anything exciting to say about that city?
  • Life is pretty funny...most of the time. One just has to look at it in the right light with the right angle to see the humor. Although at times while it seems to be pretty funny it can have an equal portion of screaming involved. This week has had equal parts screaming and funny...and some of the funny made me want to scream. That's how it rolls sometimes.

3 comments:

katie b said...

all good things to know :) and can i come to your Texas visits with you?! i miss it already :(

The Lazy Triathlete said...

I have agree with you on the chirping of the smoke alarm. It is annoying--more so if the SOB has not changed it and it annoys a neighbor. Need me to hurt him? :)

When you are in Houston going to Papasitos. It is awesome food. My mouth is watering now.

I love TX in general. There are some other bloggers who read mine, who are from the general Houston area. Try to link up with them.

Angry Runner said...

I hope i make you LOL.