Wednesday, October 22, 2008

At it again

My track bike class when I first started off in the class I was actually not too thrilled with it. No brakes, can't stop pedaling, sorta freaky....but i now LOVE it to the point that I am looking at buying a track bike. But the point is...i LOVE the track. Tonight i had SO MUCH FUN!! We were doing this race where you have 6 laps...and the group was broken into two groups. The slower group got a head start (me...and 3 other people) and the goals were A)Don't get cought by the faster group and B) try to win the race. Whoever got across the line first in 6 laps wins!

By lap 3 it was me and two other people in the slower group that got the head start. By lap two it was just me and one other guy and by the last lap it was me and the other guy just going all out trying to beat each other and not get caught by the faster group behind us. I was half way around the track on the last lap and I realized....I WAS LEADING THE RACE!!!!!!! All i could think was: i'm not being lapped, and no one is ahead of me...and I AM LEADING...what is going on?

IT.WAS.SO.CLOSE. The guy I had been working with up until the last lap from the slower group beat me by inches. I was gutted. But it was awesome because we never got caught! YEA!!! Who cares if I was in the group that got the head start? :-) I had a fun night.

I went from being wary of the track and really wondering if I would enjoy all 6 sessions to wanting to buy a track bike and hang out at the velodrome all the time.I don't know what has gotten into me lately!

5 comments:

The Lazy Triathlete said...

Thats awesome. However, I am still leary of a bike with out brakes.

Benson said...

Wow, great race and it sounds way cool. Track Bike Chicks rule.

Formulaic said...

I knew you'd love it!

I also think that your love will be contagious. I hope that you'll start a whole new trend.

Especially now that it is the winter and indoor track is PERFECT!

Sunshine said...

You have so much fun at everything you try out!!
What enthusiasm!

Sarah said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool to read this ENTHUSIASM in your words. OMG way to go!! I'm so glad you found something that brings you so much excitement...I think you sound even more enthused about this than CROSSFIT! (oops did I say that out loud?)

:D