Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Taco Tuesday

Today apparently is taco tuesday...and I did enjoy some with some people from the tri run I went to today. Which was good. And now I 'understand' the love some people have for fish tacos. I used to think "Fish Tacos"...gross...that just doesn't sound good to me. Now I'm like..."ummmmm gimme some of those Fish Tacos" and I just had my first ones, ok not first, but first GOOD ones. YUM.

The run...ohhh, running near the beach by one's self minutes behind anyone...so much fun. But the only way to get faster is to run faster and challenge ones self. I'm kewl with that. (sorta). But the real reason I went was to see how the old Hip Flexor was faring. I had stopped running for a week, got in 4 (count'em) yoga sessions in one week...and tried to bike and swim instead.

The verdict: My hip hates me....boo

The main problem is that I signed up for the crappy health insurance when I started my job...and none of the main PT's that have been suggested to me work will take it. Double bummer. Sucky thing is if this had happened in Jan, insurance wouldn't be a problem as I would have the good insurance and could go where ever. I hate health insurance in the US. Don't get me started. I think i've sorted out how i'm going to deal with the situation...it is a little bizarre, but I'll still be able to get in (i hope). In the meantime everyone keeps telling me "hmmm hip injuries aren't usually the hips". Thanks...that helps me...ohnotsomuch.

And I tried out a Gravity/pilates thing at the gym this weekend. It looks a bit like this:





But while we were doing the exercises we did a lot of these:
and today I have DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) . It feels like I got kicked by a horse in the sternum and my abs hurt when I laugh. I was going to swim this morning, but due to the pain the rotation and using my arms just wasn't going to happen. Such is life.


Well hopefully tomorrow I'll have more of an understanding of what exactly is freaking out in my hips. Hopefully.

6 comments:

Paul said...

Unfortunately that's the truth. Usually it's referred pain from somewhere else. I use the Trigger Point therapy workbook to figure out the source. Works pretty well. :) 10 bucks well spent. Good luck!

Speed Racer said...

I haven't had "hurt when I laugh" abs in forever (maybe because I haven't done abs in forever). I gotta try that thing.

Why is everyone running so much faster than you? I've seen your splits, if you're MINUTES behind, that's just scary.

mindy said...

Good luck with the hip. Injuries just plain suck. If you're still laughing, that's a good sign! Keep being your own advocate and the answers will come - sooner rather than later, I'm sure. Take care!

Bob Almighty said...

I feel for you on the insurance crap...( last two posts contained a tiraid on that subject.) I hate to say it but I'm a little jealous of you guys in CA granted mudslides are not cool....but we just got about 2 inches of snow. hope everything works out with the hip (mine acted up a little on my 20 miler.)and a good massage always helps.

J said...

Looks like a Total Gym on steroids.

Runner Leana said...

Oh....fish taco Tuesday! I used to go to this great place in San Antonio for great fish tacos on Tuesdays. I miss that. Sorry to hear about the hip - hope you are able to get some help with that when the health insurance thing improves.