Friday, December 21, 2007

I'm off!

Woohoo...today was a half day. Basically at my work if you chose to take the day off you have to take the WHOLE day off, but if you come in, in the morning, you get a half day...free. Nice.

I've been packing and cleaning to get ready to go see the my family and friends for Christmas. Back to the great state of Idaho for Christmas and New Years...should be good. Although during the packing fiasco I started to realize just how much tri crap I need when I go home. That added bonus of it only going to be between 30-40 degrees all week and rain/snow. How easily I have selectively forgotten what winter is like. I just hope I pack enough warm clothes. My blood is probably thin now...so I'm sure I'll freeze.

But the fun part about Christmas is my nieces are 4 and my nephew is 10months...Christmas becomes so much more fun with little kids again. They are a riot so it'll be good.

Not sure how much I will be 'around' blogland over the next week and a half...it could go either way...so if you don't hear from me between now and 2008...Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

3 comments:

Speed Racer said...

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you too. Good luck with REAL winter. I wouldn't wish this on my worstest enemy. What kind of "tri gear" do you need in Idaho in December anyway? Isn't a pair of sneakers and a speedo enough?

Angry Runner said...

I miss you already.

rocketpants said...

Speed Racer:
'Real Winter' in S.Idaho = small amounts of snow. (less than an inch...nothing like MA)
Tri gear:
Swimsuit, goggles, cap, bike shoes (for spin class) bike shorts, technical tank tops, running clothes for indoors if i'm stuck on a treadmill and then ALL the necessariy outdoor running clothes as it usually doesn't snow enough to stop a person from running outdoors...which in itself is enough!

Angry:...awwwwww...is that a tear in my eye? ;-)